What is a proxy server? This is the node that is authorized between the user’s computer and another resource located on any third-party server. Application areas are various. Most often proxy is used to protect the computer from network attacks and to ensure the anonymity of the user. In order to understand what a proxy server is and how to configure it, you need to take a closer look at how it works and its scope.
There are two types of such servers: paid and free. The first ones have high reliability, great functionality of settings, stable operation and fast response. And the cost of monthly use is low. Free proxy can not guarantee the quality and, most importantly, are not responsible for the safety of your personal data, which you specify for authorization on all sorts of sites. There is a great danger that your passwords and logins will simply be stolen. So if it’s really important for you, then you can think about buying proxy. Therefore, such a proxy connection is used most often for the test: what it is all about and how it works.
Let’s take a closer look at all the features of free proxy servers
- The main advantage is that they are completely free. In order to start using a free proxy server, you will only need a browser and the Internet. Such a proxy server is simple enough to configure and use.
- Unstable data transfer rate. Many people can use this server at the same time. This affects the data transfer rate, because the higher the load on the server, the worse its productivity will be. This is very inconvenient if you need a stable high connection with web resources.
- Weak reliability. Free servers may not be the most stable. After all, a high load may disable it at some point. This will lead to loss of communication with the proxy and the loss of your data.
- Low level of anonymity. Free proxies can not provide a sufficiently high level of anonymity. The addresses of these servers are known to everyone, and many resources simply block them on their portals. This leads to the fact that free proxies will be completely useless in SEO and other difficult tasks. So you should not use them if you need a proxy server for work. In addition, if you plan to make purchases on the Internet or leave your personal data somewhere, then it is very dangerous to do this through a free proxy server.
Proxy servers can be useful in various situations. Of course, private proxies will be better choice to cope with the tasks set, but they can also be used for free in some cases.
In general, all proxy servers can be used for the following purposes
1. Bypassing locks for a region or country. For various reasons, some sites may block the viewing of textual content or video for users of specific countries. If you are in this situation, use the proxy server of the country whose users are free to use the content you are interested in. Any specific video on YouTube, online games or even entire sites and social networks can be blocked. For example if you need access to social network Vkontakte, then you can buy russian proxy here https://proxy-seller.com/russian-proxy.
2. Anonymity. Intermediary server allows you to hide computer data: location, Internet provider and so on. But you have to know that free server will be very bad at coping with this task. If you need to get anonymity on the Internet, it is better to immediately purchase private versions.
3. Avoiding blocking by ip address. At various forums, thematic sites, as a result of violation of the rules of use, blocking by ip address can be applied, which makes impossible to visit the site. But you can still visit those websites via proxy.
4. Marketing. Proxy servers are successfully used in marketing. This applies to SMM and SEO. Many IT companies that are engaged in promotion, Internet marketing in social networks, selection of key requests, parsing of semantic cores of competitors, can not work without a proxy. This significantly reduces the time to perform routine work, and reduces the risk of blocking accounts in social networks.